EDWARD J. ALEXANDER
33 Traveler Road, Saugus, MA 01906
H: (781) 233-8359 O: (781) 233-8602 E: email@example.com
PROFILE of STRENGTHS AND COMPETENCIES
Sales/Business Development leader with a record of delivering results in emerging global markets. P&L success in start-up management; Solution Selling, marketing, Internet strategy; mergers & acquisitions; and process automation. History of creating value for investors, partners, employees and customers.
Tactonics 2000 - present Managing Consultant
Helping pre-IPO start-ups (Telemessage, a universal messaging ASP, and XOsoft, a broadband content delivery ASP) enter global markets. Develop competitive intelligence to guide R&D, Marketing and Sales. Lead partner and beta opportunity discussions with major telcos, ISPs and Web properties including Monster.com, Disney, MTVi, Qwest, Verizon, AT&T, Global Crossing, Nokia, Nextel, CMGI, CCBN, Genuity, Lycos, Nortel, IBM, JUNO etc.
Worldwide WebLabs 1999-2000 VP Business Development
Helped this interactive agency transform into a full e-commerce integrator (creative, design, marketing, integration, hosting, support). Negotiated, closed and cultivated projects with premier clients and partners including Outtask.com, Harvard Business School, TVisions, Net1Plus and Giftkits.com.
K.J. Harding & Company, Ipswich, MA 1998-1999 VP Business Development
Helped this innovative business development consulting organization achieve liftoff. Introduced internetworking technology clients to new revenue opportunities through partnerships and channel development. Built lead generation calling and channel programs. Negotiated deals with large industry partners including Microsoft, Seimens, Lotus etc.
EagleView Inc., Waltham, MA 1995-1998 General Manager
Led development, launch, market success and asset sale of this online multimedia content service, with:
* Conceptual sales, signing 80% of all revenue over 3 years, from pre-beta through 2 releases.
* Start-up management, product development and building a receptive market for new technology.
* Team building, re-focusing resources to improve marketing, operations and overall financial results.
* Marketing web & direct community programs that won repeat business and beat intense competition.
Alexander Associates, Saugus, MA 1993-1995 Managing Consultant
Grew revenues to profitable levels, managing business process automation projects for various accounts, from Fortune 100 to evolving start-ups, including IBM, BankBoston and M/A-COM.
Meridian Mutual Holdings/East Boston Savings Bank 1986-1993 Corporate Officer
Helped regain market share and attain superior client and regulatory ratings
* Managed multimillion dollar budgets with variances <2% as company expanded from 3 to 10 locations.
* Instituted practices that grew cultural diversity fivefold; embracing a changing customer base.
* Increased employee retention to over 90% from 60%; grew employee satisfaction 36% over national norms.
* Improved executive and employee decision support by introducing and evolving information services.
Prior experience in several business start-ups, including online medical data services and microelectronics.
Babson College, School for Financial Studies, Honors Graduate (3.7 overall)
Bentley College, Diploma, Human Resource Management
Berklee College, cum Laude, Major in Music Education
Massachusetts Interactive Media Council; Massachusetts Ecommerce Association Worcester Polytechnic Institute Venture Forum; Microsoft Windows CE Advisory Council; Toastmasters International